Monday, June 16, 2008

Is Huck Fin?

Huckabee's high profile supporter is a cheat, among other things. I guess this means Huck is either corrupt, or naive, or both. This race is getting grimmer by the moment. We're used to picking the lesser of (2) evils, but this is ridiculous. I weep for this former superpower. I feel as if I'm trapped on one of the lower decks of the Titanic as it descends into the icy waters of despair. The baby boomers have tossed it all away. I see no hope left. We're going to Hell in a bucket. Maybe partying will help? I think I know how Taylor must've felt in that final scene in Planet of the Apes. I refer of course to the original with Chuck Heston, not the cheesy, albeit aesthetically pleasing, remake with Marky Mark. I shudder to think that society could be en route to a fate similar to that in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

No comments: