Monday, June 16, 2008

Best Live Albums (this list goes to eleven!)

I'm no expert. This list is really more of an exercise to stimulate some response, a conversation starter of sorts. Here goes nothing:
1.) The Name of this Band is Talking Heads
2.) The Who -Live at Leeds (Deluxe Edition)
3.) The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East
4.) Violent Femmes -Viva Wisconsin
5.) Neil Young and Crazy Horse -Rust Never Sleeps
6.) Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert
7.) Hot Tuna
8.) Nirvana -mtv Unplugged in New York
9.) The Grateful Dead -Dick's Picks volume 4
10.) Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore volume 2 The Helsinki Concert
11.) Miles Davis -Live-Evil .
Yes, I know this list is VERY subjective. I'm sure my own choices will probably have changed before I finish/publish this post. Most of you will find many glaring omissions, or see my selections as debatable (if not ridiculous). Let the games begin.

No comments: